4/23/2013

LIFESTYLE: Self Improvement vs. Self Indulgance

Once upon a time I was surfing the Internet killing time as people do. It was the day I found a truly mind-blowing LiveJournal by a young, smart, sophisticated and successful surgeon. In a minute I plunged into the world of confidence, hard work and never ending self improvement, the universe of People Who Can.

 


She calls herself an artful Neo-Darvin transforming larvas to pupas or as she prefers to say "turning monkeys to women again". Although she does believe the real beauty comes from within, in Moscow, The City That Never Sleeps, evolution will obliterate you if your body is not good enough. Her profession is one of the most anticipated ones in the world, yet she has never doubted it. 



La femme médecin doesn't lack neither sharp tongue nor extraordinary stories to tell. Every day for her is a fight — an unchanging war for success, knowledge and immaculate appearance. But there's nothing unusual! - you're exclaiming. Wait till you see how astonishingly tough a human being can be and what an incentive it may provide. Sleeping 4 hours per night, working out like hell, studying and being absolutely professional at work. Kate represents the Sex&City type of women: self-made, strong-willed, good-looking, healthy and extremely demanding to both - herself and everyone around, still quite rare for Eastern Europe. She is one of the "cut the comedy and get to work" girls and I was absolutely thrilled with it.



I couldn't help but retrieve the whole bunch of those unpleasant pictures in my brain. Here I'm choosing Facebook over meeting my deadlines. A bit light-minded, you see. Oh, and here is the same me ignoring pilates for a few extra hours of sleep. Suddenly, I realized it wasn't the type of photo album I expected everyone to see. Could I hope for more when constantly admitting myself of regular and superfluous self-indulgences?

Apperantly, there are also people who claim such a lifestyle to be limited, restricted and unnecessary. Few minutes later I was reading a 30 year old woman's blog who mocked at working out and conscious eating as well as being proud of oneself and bold to lazy hedonists.
What you need to determine is this – do you like watching or do you like participating. For me, the answer has never been clearer, it emerged from that aspiring posts like some sort of epiphany. Time to move on.




Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий